Applicants must fulfill the general admission criteria for the Graduate School at the University of Tennessee.
Please note that The Bredesen Center has a Fall Entrance Only admission cycle. In order to insure that your application gets reviewed, you must select the Fall term on your application. See the Apply Page for more details regarding our application process and timeline. All supplementary materials must be received by January 15.
Minimum Application Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution
- US degree holders: 2.7 out of possible 4.0 GPA; graduate coursework must have earned 3.3 GPA or higher.
- Non-US degree holders: 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA or higher; graduate coursework must have earned 3.3 GPA or higher.
- Applicants may be required to submit English language certification test scores
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of science or engineering.
- Applicants with other undergraduate degrees may also be admitted on a case-by-case basis, determined by the Bredesen Center Admissions Committee. Dependent on the student’s background, additional coursework may be required to satisfy co-requisites and pre-requisites.
- Intention to pursue interdisciplinary research (i.e. research combining strategies and resources from multiple fields of research towards the purpose of finding new solutions).
Applicants must complete the graduate school application for The University of Tennessee, Knoxville to be considered for admission. In order to complete your application, you are required to submit the following supplementary materials through graduate admissions before your application will be considered complete.
Required Application Materials:
- A two-page statement of research interest and its relevance to leadership and innovation and interdisciplinary research in the field of either Energy or Data Science
- A copy of your resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official Academic Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
*Official GRE scores (a competitive score totals 310 or higher)Due to Covid-19 considerations, the Bredesen Center Admissions Committee has voted to neither require nor to consider GRE scores for Fall 2021 admission. At this time, this policy only applies to this one cycle for applicants.
All supplementary materials must be received by January 15. Please instruct those writing recommendations on your behalf to attach their letter in PDF or Word format on letterhead.