Additive Manufacturing for Energy
Supervising Faculty: Chad Duty
Vidya holds a Master’s degree in Materials Science and Engineering from Stony Brook University (SUNY Stony Brook) and a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from Anna University, India. During Master’s, Vidya worked with Dr. Koga’s research group predominantly studying polymeric thin films using microscopic techniques. Previously, as a part of her senior year thesis, she worked on an industrial research and development project in India aimed at developing epoxy/carbon nanotube composites for abrasive applications. As a Bredesen Center fellow, Vidya intends to work on developing novel nanocomposites for clean energy applications.
- Development of high temperature semi-crystalline thermoplastic composites for extrusion additive manufacturing.
- Strategies to enhance interlayer bonding in components printed on large scale additive manufacturing system.
Master of Science in Materials Science and Engineering - Stony Brook University, NY
Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering - Anna University, Chennai, India
Awards and Recognitions
- Gold medalist, Anna University
- Undergraduate merit scholarship (2008-2011)
- Budding Bright Engineer Award 2009, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, India
Google Scholar Profile: Vidya Kishore