- Complete the Web Inquiry Form to request more information about the Center and to let us know of your intent to apply.
- Complete the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, graduate school application and submit an interest letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation.
- Please make sure that under “Program Selection” page you mark “Bredesen Center and Comparative and Experimental Medicine” under College and “Doctoral” under Degree. Then you may select Energy Science & Engineering or Data Science & Engineering in the drop-down box. Otherwise, your application will go to a traditional disciplinary department and program.
The application deadline for all Bredesen Center doctoral programs is January 15. All application requirements must be fulfilled by January 15. All applicants for these programs are also considered to be applicants for fellowships awarded by the Bredesen Center for Interdisciplinary Research and Graduate Education.
The Bredesen Center has a Fall Entrance Only admission cycle and adheres to a uniform timeline* for review and acceptance of applications:
- January 15 – Deadline for accepting applications for Fall Admission. It can take time for your application to be fully processed by the graduate school prior to department review. Submitting your application by December 31 will insure that the Admissions Committee has access to your full application.
- Late January – Early February – Applications are reviewed by a Bredesen Center faculty committee
- Mid-February – Invitations are sent to select candidates to join the Bredesen Center for interviews
- Early March – Formal interviews are conducted
- Mid-March – The Bredesen Center staff works diligently to synthesize all evaluations and send offers accordingly
*Specific dates are subject to change, while the process remains uniform.